Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Becoming Consistent with the Training

Although the triathlon in Budapest is just a sprint distance, which I’ve done 18 times in the past three years, I’m increasing my training to ensure that I have an enjoyable race. Last night at team practice, we did “bricks.” I biked a total of 8 miles and ran about 1.25 miles. If the hills hadn’t been so hard, I’d have enjoyed practice a lot more. At the end of a long work day, it’s hard to get out there, especially in the heat.

This morning, 4:45 came far too early, but I decided to roll out of bed and go to swim practice. I think I completed about 1000 yards of drills alternating with swims. Afterwards, I did an easy run of about 1.5 miles. This evening, I actually got to the gym for a few lat pulls, leg presses, and core work. It was fun to get back to strength training.

Tomorrow, it might be hard to get in the training on my schedule because it’s a long work day for me. But I’m supposed to run only 1.5 miles and do a bit of stretching, balance, and core work. I will squeeze it in somehow.

Training log: Bike – 8 miles. Run/walk – 1.25 miles. (Also taught senior exercise class and did a little core work and light weights at the gym.)
Motivation log: I learned that making a commitment to training is a matter of deciding to take the little steps that make it hard not to train. It’s that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment